AT&T is a telecommunication and media company that has made its mark as the largest telecommunication company in the world. The company is widely known in the United States for providing individuals and households with high quality and reliable cellular voice, data and wireless connections. AT&T has services ranging from basic telephone services, locked mobile phones, telecommunication equipment, wireless connections and more.
You can select from a wide range of limited or unlimited prepaid and postpaid plans, with internet plans that offer mobile hotspot connectivity. AT&T wireless network offers fast internet connection at affordable prices and AT&T maximum security powered by McAfee. AT&T Smart keeps your home connected with excellent internet connection through an unbeatable in-home experience.
Your AT&T internet router/modem usually comes set up with a default network name and password that you might need to change as soon as possible to ensure better security. You might also want to change your WiFi network password from time to time to maintain this network security. Setting a strong password for your WiFi network is the first step in protecting your network from external security breach and malware. This is why it is very important to know how you can change your AT&T WiFi network password.
The process of changing your AT&T WiFi network password is easy and all the steps involved will be fully explained in this article. So read on.
How Can I Change My AT&T WiFi Password?
Keeping your WiFi network secure is very important because you can prevent intruders from gaining unauthorized access to your network. An insecure network could cause a lot of issues like virus, malware, spyware and more to your network which is why it is important to learn how to change your AT&T WiFi network password.
You can change your AT&T WiFi password using Smart Home Manager or through the Gateway Settings using a device connected to the network. These methods stated will be fully explained below.
How to Change your AT&T WiFi Password using Smart Home Manager?
The AT&T Smart Home Manager application is a tool that allows you to manage and review your home internet. With Smart Home Manager, you can easily manage the devices connected to your network, run speed tests, track data usage, find your WiFi network password and name, set parental control, and troubleshoot your equipment.
It is an essential tool that lets you easily personalize your in-home internet experience. The application is free to download if you make use of the compatible WiFi gateways. This tool is also limited to home WiFi networks.
To use Smart Home Manager to change your AT&T WiFi network password;
- Log in to Smart Home Manager and click on My WiFi.
- Select Edit that is located next to the network name or password.
- Click on X to erase existing information and input the new WiFi network password of your choice. Make sure you use a strong password in order to keep your network secured.
- Tap on Save to save the new settings.
You will be required to reconnect your previously connected devices using the updated WiFi network password.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- Fast process of changing your password.
- Application is free and accessible on multiple devices.
- Needs an active internet connection.
- Requires a user login information.
How to Change your AT&T WiFi Password using Gateway Settings?
You can change your AT&T WiFi network password through the gateway settings. Changing your AT&T WiFi password via gateway settings depends on the type of router you are using because the process is not the same with all devices. AT&T has different types and models of gateway devices and the most commonly used ones are Motorola NVG589, Arris BGW210 & NVG599, Pace 5268AC, and more.
All these models have the same process of changing WiFi password through the Smart Home Manager but differ when it comes to gateway settings.
1) Motorola NVG589
To change your AT&T WiFi password using gateway settings on Motorola NVG589, you need to take the following steps;
- Access your gateway settings and click on Home Network.
- Next, navigate to Wireless and enter the Device Access Code in the access code bar. You should find your Device Access Code printed on the label on your gateway device.
- Tap on Submit.
- You will gain access to your WiFi name and password settings.
- To change the password, go to the Security menu and click on the WPA-Custom option.
- Input the new password in the Key field and click on Save.
You should then reconnect all the devices that were previously connected to your Motorola NVG589 using the new password.
2) Arris BGW210
To change your AT&T WiFi password using gateway settings on your Arris BGW210, you need to take the following steps;
- Access the gateway settings and select Home Network.
- Click on WiFi and input the Device Access Code into the bar. You can find your Device Access Code on the side label on your Arris BGW210.
- Tap on Continue and scroll down to the Home SSID or Guest SSID tab.
- To change the WiFi password, tap on WPA-PSK located in the Security menu.
- You can the input the new password into the password bar and click Save.
You can then reconnect all the devices that were previously connected to your Arris BGW210 using the new password.
3) Pace 5268AC
To change your AT&T WiFi password using gateway settings on your Pace 5268AC, you need to take the following steps;
- Go to the gateway settings and click on Wireless from Gateway Status.
- Scroll down to User Network or Guest Network. There might be different names for each band in use like 5.0GHz, 2.4GHz, or 2.4GHz Guest.
- To change the WiFi password, click on Use Custom WiFi Network Password.
- Type in the desired new password and tap on Save.
- You might be required to input your Device Access Code in the Access Code bar. You can find the Device Access Code printed on a label found on your gateway device. Select Submit after inputting the code.
You can then reconnect all the devices that were previously connected to your Pace 5268AC using the new password.
- The process is simple and fast.
- Accessible on all devices.
- More complicated than Smart Home Manager.
- Different methods across different devices.
- Requires a stable internet service connection.
How to Change AT&T WiFi Password from Phone?
You can change your AT&T WiFi password on your phone by downloading the AT&T Smart Home Manager. You can easily change your WiFi password through the My WiFi tab;
- Log on to the Smart Home Manager app from your phone using your AT&T credentials.
- From the More menu, go to Network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network name you want to change the info for.
- Next, select X to the right of the line, and erase the existing information.
- Change the existing name and password of the network.
- Click on Save.
How to Change AT&T WiFi Network Name and Password with Smart Home Manager App?
You can change your AT&T WiFi password through the Smart Home Manager application by accessing the app and navigating to My WiFi. Click on Edit located next to the network name or password. Tap on X to erase existing information and enter the new WiFi network password. Click on Save to save the new settings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Change AT&T WiFi Password?
You should change your AT&T password in order to make your WiFi network more secure and safe from external breaches.
How Can I Reset My AT&T U-Verse Router or Modem?
You can reset your AT&T U-Verse Router or modem to default factory settings. This will remove all modified settings like WiFi username and password. You can reset your device by holding the reset button on your device for 20 seconds. The reset button is usually a red button located on the back of your device. The device will initiate the reset process and the device will restart. Your router will restart with default factory settings.
How Can I Find My AT&T Device Access Code?
On your AT&T gateway device, there is always a label printed on the side or anywhere else on the device. This label contains some information like device model, default admin settings and more. The Device Access Code is also printed on that label.
Where Do I Find My AT&T Wi-Fi Name and Password?
You can find your default AT&T wireless network name and password printed on the sticker label that can be found on your gateway device. The WiFi name is usually starts with AT&T followed by the last seven digits of the Gateway Serial Number. The WiFi password is a 12 digit number that is found on the Sticker Labelled as Wireless Network Key.
What Gateway Devices Can I Control using AT&T Smart Home Manager?
Smart Home Manager is an application that allows you to manage your in-home WiFi network. You can access this tool is you are using gateway devices compatible with Smart Home Manager. These devices include Arris NVG599, Motorola NVG589, BGW210, BGW320, Pace 5031NV, Pace 5168, Pace 5268AC, 2Wire 3600HGV, 2Wire 3800HGV-B, and 2Wire 3801HGV.
What is the Best Method of Changing your AT&T WiFi Password?
The best way to change your AT&T WiFi name and password is through the Smart Home Manager. It allows you to easily access your WiFi network settings and modify it. It is an easy and fast process with little to no complication.
How Do I Find my WiFi Password on my AT&T Router?
You can find your WiFi password on the sticker label that can be found on the side of your gateway device. This label contains a lot of information about your device like the WiFi network name, password and Access Code.
How Do I Change the Password on my AT&T Router?
You can change the password of your AT&T WiFi network password through your router’s gateway settings or by using the AT&T Smart Home Manager tool.
Is it Possible to Hack AT&T WiFi Password?
Yes. Intruders can illegally access your network through multiple methods which is why it is always important to keep your WiFi network secured.
How Do I Change my AT&T WiFi Password from the Internet?
You can change your AT&T WiFi password on the internet by accessing the router gateway settings or by visiting the Smart Home Manager webpage.
How Do I Reset my WIFI Password?
You can reset your WiFi password to default settings by pressing and holding the red reset button on your router for 20 seconds. After restarting, the device will be on the default settings.
Where Do I Get this Information?
You can get information on how to change your AT&T Wifi password by following the guide that has been outlined n this article.
How Do I Block Someone from Using my WiFi?
You can keep intruders from using your WiFi by protecting it with a strong password and making sure to constantly change that password.
WiFi security is very important and maintaining a secure WiFi network will protect your network from external malware, spyware and unauthorized access from intruders. This can lead to a lot of strain on your network and might lead to a security breach as well. This is why it is important to change your wireless network password to something strong and only accessible to you. Changing your AT&T WiFi network password is very easy and you can do that through the AT&T Smart Home Manager or by accessing the gateway settings on your router or modem.
These processes have all been explained in this article. Hopefully, you have been able to change your AT&T WiFi password using the above stated methods.