Hulu is one of the most popular streaming apps in the world, but what makes it a step ahead of the rest is its own shows, which are exclusively offered through subscriptions. If you’re a member but you find that you’re not using the app as often or you don’t like the shows available on the app, you can choose to cancel your subscription anytime.
What makes canceling Hulu subscriptions so great is that they offer multiple options for you to do it. Depending on how you signed up, you can cancel your membership through different platforms, any time of the day, and any day you want.
However, it must be noted that canceling is more complicated than signing up, so it might take you more than a few minutes to confirm your subscription. The app will present a few prompts that will try to convince you to stay on the app, but you just need to be firm and click on the Cancel Subscription to confirm.
If you want to know how to cancel your Hulu subscription or for simple Hulu management subscription tips, read more to find out.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription Using a Web Browser
Canceling your Hulu subscription on a web browser is the easiest and fastest method. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Go to any web browser on your desktop.
- Step 2: Visit the Hulu official website.
- Step 3: Look for the “Log In” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Log in to your account.
- Step 5: Look for “Manage Profiles,” and click “Your Subscription.”
- Step 6: Click on “Cancel Your Subscription,” which is found under “Your Subscription.”
- Step 7: At this point, Hulu will present a prompt that offers you different options not to cancel your account. Ignore this and click, “Continue to Cancel.”
- Step 8: Choose a reason to cancel, with the following opinions:
- I don’t like ads
- I haven’t found enough to watch
- Technical issue
- Too expensive
- Temporary, I’ll be back
- Click on one reason and continue.
- Step 9: You will receive another prompt asking you to choose a 2-week paid subscription. Ignore this and click, “Continue to Cancel.”
- Step 10: Once confirmed, Hulu will send you an email confirming the cancelation of your account.
While canceling is easy, you will receive at least 2 prompts asking you to keep your subscription.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription Using an iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone to cancel your Hulu subscription, you won’t be able to cancel through the app. You need to open a web browser on your iPhone or iPad. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open a web browser.
- Step 2: Open the Settings application on your phone.
- Step 3: Click on your Apple ID, which is located at the top of the screen.
- Step 4: Choose “Subscriptions.”
- Step 5: Select the Hulu subscription.
- Step 6: Click on “Cancel Your Subscription.”
- Step 7: Confirm your cancellation.
If you are still under the free trial program, choose “Cancel Free Trial” in Step 6.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription Using an Android Device
If you’re using an Android device, you can cancel your Hulu subscription through the app. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open the Hulu app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Tap “Account,” which is found in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: If the app asks you to enter your password again, type your password and confirm.
- Step 4: Click on the “Cancel” button to cancel your subscription, which is found under your “Account.”
- Step 5: Check your email for a cancellation confirmation.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription Using iTunes
You can also cancel your Hulu subscription using iTunes. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open the iTunes app on your phone.
- Step 2: Click on the Account Menu.
- Step 3: Click on “View My Account,” from the list.
- Step 4: Search for the “Settings” section.
- Step 5: Tap on “Manage Option,” next to the subscriptions.
- Step 6: Click “Edit,” which is found next to “Hulu.”
- Step 7: Once you click on “Edit,” the app will take you to another page where you will be able to cancel your subscription.
- Step 8: Click on “Cancel subscription.”
- Step 9: Check your email for confirmation.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription Using the “DoNotPay” App
You can also cancel your membership through a 3rd party app called “DoNotPay.” Download the app and it will take care of the hard work regarding canceling your subscription. When the process is over, the app will notify you. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open the app.
- Step 2: Register for an account.
- Step 3: Select “Find Hidden Money.”
- Step 4: Choose Hulu.
- Step 5: Click “Unsubscribe.”
You will then receive a notification from the app once the cancellation is successful.
As you can see, Hulu offers plenty of options for subscribers to cancel their memberships. Choose one and cancel, it’s that easy.
Things to Know Before Cancelling Your Hulu Subscription
- Can I Pause my Hulu Subscription?
Yes, you can. You can pause your membership for up to 12 weeks. Simply select “Put Profile on Hold,” which is found under “Profile Options.” This is a great option for anyone who wants to put their subscription on hold without canceling their account. Most people do this when they’re going to another country where Hulu is unavailable so that they won’t be charged for the weeks they won’t be able to use the streaming service.
- Can I Cancel my Subscription over the Phone?
Yes, you can. Call Hulu’s customer service and talk to a representative. Request a subscription cancellation and the customer service representative will cancel your account for you. Before doing so, the representative may give you other options, such as pausing your account, but stand firm and confirm your cancellation. Remind the representative of your cancellation confirmation email.
- I can’t Cancel my Hulu Subscription on the Web Browser or App, what do I do?
Try to remember how you signed up for your Hulu subscription. You may have registered through a 3rd party provider, such as a cable service, mobile carrier, or other apps like Disney, T-Mobile, or Verizon. If you registered using these 3rd party services, you need to visit their apps or website and cancel your Hulu subscription from there.
- Will Canceling my Account Eliminate my Benefits Right Away?
This depends on your billing date. If you cancel your account on the 25th but your billing date is every 5th of the month, you will still be able to use your membership until the 4th. After that, you will no longer be able to access your Hulu benefits.
Hulu is a great streaming platform with exclusive shows and content but if you want to cancel your subscription for certain reasons, canceling is pretty easy and quick. Though the prompts to try to get you to stay on the app can be annoying, you just need to continue clicking on the “Cancel” button to finish the process.
Don’t Miss It:
- How to Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription – Quick and Easy
- How to Cancel Sling TV Subscription- Quick and Easy Ways
- How to Cancel FuboTV Subscription – Quick and Easy Ways
- How To Cancel Disney Plus Subscription – Quick And Easy Ways
- How To Cancel Netflix Subscription – Quick And Easy Ways
- How To Cancel Amazon Subscription – Quick And Easy Ways
- How To Cancel An Audible Membership – Quick And Easy Ways
- How To Cancel Apple Music Subscription – Quick And Easy Ways
- How To Cancel Xbox Live – Quick And Easy Ways
- How To Cancel ESPN Plus Subscription – Quick And Easy Ways