Internet is increasingly becoming a basic commodity in today’s society. People working in different sectors like education, streaming, and gaming are relying on the internet to accomplish their tasks. If you are keen you will realize that the digital world is growing at a very fast rate increasing the internet demand. With the increase in demand, the price increases. With such a scenario, cheap internet becomes a rare necessity. However, with hundreds of internet service providers, there is hope for cheap internet options. Although, getting a good deal requires thorough research.
If you are looking for cheap cable internet packages, this article is for you. It’s a top-notch guide that will help you land a good deal. There is also a quick comparison of the deals. Therefore, the decision on your best deal is very simplified.
What is a Cheap Cable and Internet?
A cheap cable and internet packages are affordable internet that one can pay for without struggling. A great percentage of ISP gift promos to their new customers in the first year of subscription. After the promotion, anyone who can pay the regular fee can consider the internet cheap for them. Something worth noting is that cheapness varies from one person to another. Therefore, certain cable internet can be cheap to one person and expensive to another.
Can You Get TV and Internet From Different Providers?
It is not common to find TV and internet packages featuring in the same bundle. Though, that doesn’t mean you must get both services from a single provider. In some locations, the best internet provider may not be the best TV provider.
Some other times you may be interested in a certain TV provider that does not offer internet service and vice versa. Therefore, the choice for the two packages is entirely dependent on one’s preference. And it is possible two buy the two from different providers.
The 10 Best Cheap Cable and Internet Packages
To consider cable and internet packages as cheap, several factors must be considered. Things like the availability of services, extra features, and many more. Below is a collection of 10 cable and internet packages we deem cheap.
1. Xfinity Performance Pro
Xfinity is one of the largest cable providers in the United States. It has wide coverage with its services in over 30 states in the whole country. If you live in Florida, California, and Illinois you can access Xfinity services comfortably. It offers high-speed internet in all its areas of coverage up to 2 Gbps making it the fastest cable internet provider in the market.
You can also benefit from other cheap services such as;
- Downloading speed up to 200 Mbps.
- You can use up to 8 devices without internet hiccups.
- You can stream using multiple devices and do downloads smoothly.
- You will get a free Add-on 4K streaming TV box and Voice Remote.
- The Getting Started kit is free and it is also shipped free of charge.
- You can access over 140 TV channels including CNN, ESPN, cartoon network, and A&E.
With only $39.99 per month you get to enjoy all the above services. One major advantage of this package is that there are no term agreements. So, you can exit anytime you feel dissatisfied.
- It has 7 standalone internet plans with good internet speed on each.
- Enjoys advanced internet security.
- You can access free Xfinity Flex streaming device and peacock premium.
- It has higher equipment rental costs.
- It has a 1.2 data cap with a $10 average fee for every 50 GB block acquired.
2. Cox Internet Essential 50
Cox Communications is the third-largest cable provider in the U.S. It has its services in 18 states which include California, Arizona, and Virginia. The popularity of Cox’s internet is because of its friendly charge rates. Additionally, it has fair internet speeds which are good for family setup. If you live in the areas with Cox services you enjoy speeds ranging from 10 Mbps to 940 Mbps. With this plan,
You will get to enjoy the following services;
- You will enjoy downloading speeds of up to 50 Mbps.
- Uploading speeds up to 3 Mbps.
- It has a free online security check powered by McAfee.
- You will be able to access millions of hotspots around.
- You can shop, email, or browse across 3 to 5 gadgets without lagging.
Customers using Essential 50 benefit from allowances of 1.25 TB. Additionally, the plan has an introduction of #39.99 per month for 12 months. After one year, the price shoots up to $65.99 per month in 12 months. If you do not have the cash to complete the payment at once, you can sign a service agreement for one year payable through EasyPay.
Additionally, you are likely to incur extra costs on Cox Panoramic WiFi gateway rent ($10.99 per month). You can pay for the installation charges which you choose to install for yourself or go for a professional one. The professional installation is done once at $75 or the self-installation at $20 is also done once.
- It has in one router combo which has advanced security and an Elite Gamer add-on.
- It often gives great bundling discounts.
- It has the lowest level plan for those who have basic usages.
- It is difficult to cancel a plan due to 1-year contract commitment.
- There is a limited data allowance with a $10 average fee for every 50 GB you go over.
3. Suddenlink Internet 100
Suddenlink is one of the largest cable providers in the United States. It has high coverage in Texas, Louisiana, and Virginia. The company has four plans with a simplified pricing scheme. Among the four internet plans they offer, the cheapest one is the Internet 100 plan. When you subscribe to this plan,
You receive the following offers;
- Downloading speeds that go up to 100 Mbps.
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 250 GB.
- You will gain access to the Wi-Fi hotspot network across the nation.
- There are service and device protection add-ons.
- The package comes with Cheddar and Curiosity Stream.
Unlike other ISPs, SuddenLink is not expensive. You only pay $34 per month for one year. Also, your location determines the additional fees, taxes, and other charges. You have an option to choose from using your modem or go for Suddenlink’s state-of-the-art Altice
If you opt to go for the Suddenlink’s one, you will only pay $10 per month. It can serve in the capacity of a modem, a router, and a streaming TV device. Other services which you will pay include a standard installation fee of $99 and monthly network enhancement at $3.50.
- It has higher speed internet in rural areas.
- You can freely cancel your contract because there are is no agreement statement that is signed.
- You are guaranteed a refund of your money if you are not happy with the services within the first 30 days.
- It has a high channel count.
- It has sub-par customer service.
- Data is only restraints on the 100 Mbps internet plan.
- There is an activation fee.
4. AT&T Internet 100
AT&T is among the most popular ISP in the market. It has been there for a long thus it provides the best cheap cable and internet packages. It is popular in the South, Midwest, or West Coast areas in the United States. AT&T Internet has lots of plans offered. Out of all these packages, AT&T Internet 100 is the cheapest. It has speedy and reliable internet services. There are two options that you can choose from the Internet 100. There are DSL-delivered AT&T internet speeds and AT&T powerful fiber-optic network.
The lowest package of all that you can have is DSL internet that you can always upgrade to fiber-optic internet. The key consideration is which one is available in your area. One difference with the fiber plan is that it does not have data caps and symmetrical upload speeds.
When you subscribe to Internet 100 you will get these offers;
- You will get downloading speeds up to 100 Mbps.
- You will be able to stream HD videos, do online gaming.
- You can share large files.
- It has McAfee internet security which is free.
- You will be able to access all AT&T hotspots across the country at no extra fee.
- It has 1TB to unlimited data allowance.
- It has a reliable service of up to 99% from the AT&T fiber-optic network.
- There are no contracts; therefore, you can cancel them anytime you want.
- It has been number one for four years so you expect it to have good services.
- It has an equipment rental fee.
- The fiber internet is limited.
5. Mediacom Internet 60
Mediacom Cable is a well-known cable provider in the US. It is in 22 states most common in Iowa, Georgia, and Illinois. In terms of coverage, Mediacom Cable is the fifth largest provider in the United States. There are six internet plans offered by Mediacom Cable. If you want to get their cheapest internet, then Internet 60 is the best compared to other plans they offer. When you subscribe to this plan,
You will benefit from these offers:
- You will get download speeds up to 60 Mbps.
- You will get a monthly data allowance of 400 GB.
- You will get 5 Mbps upload speeds.
- You can surf, stream, or connect up to 4 devices simultaneously.
- You will get Total Defense Internet Security.
The cheap plan you will get at $39.99 monthly for 12 months. This is normally a promotion to the new Mediacom customers. When the promotion ends, your price is hiked to the normal rate of $69.99 per month. You will also get Wi-Fi services in form of Xtream Wi-Fi 360. The Wi-Fi services cost $5 per month which is the lowest plan. There is a modem rental fee of $12 per month which you can avoid by getting your equipment.
- If you are in Midwest, it has the best speeds.
- It has free online protection for 5 devices.
- It has affordable Wi-Fi services.
- It has one commitment with a hefty ETF.
- It has got limited monthly data access.
6. Verizon Fios 200/200 Mbps Internet
Verizon Fiosis a new internet service provider in the United States. It is available in nine states which includes the top metropolis of Ney York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. However, the Fiber-to-the-Home is nothing you cannot argue about.
When it was introduced in the market, it started offering internet services which remained outstanding and overthrew every other provider with its good services. Various packages are offered by Verizon Fios. The cheapest internet package by Verizon is Fios 200/200 Mbps internet.
When you subscribe to this package you will be entitled to the following services;
- Downloading internet speed of up to 200 Mbps.
- Uploading internet speed up to 200 Mbps.
- It does not have data caps.
- You can download and stream movies at the same time.
The price for this package is $39.99 which is payable via AutoPay. The good news is, with under $50you can get fast fiber connectivity from them. Unlike other providers whose professional fee is constant, you can get waive with Verizon Fios when you place your order online. There is a router rent of $15 per month.
- It has excellent upload speeds.
- It does not have contracts or long-term commitments.
- It has a 100% fiber-optic which is fast. The ‘F’ denotes fast internet.
- It has an equipment rental fee.
- Its availability is limited outside the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
7. CenturyLink Internet 100
CenturyLink is majorly a provider of DSL internet, actually ranked third in the United States. It has a large coverage of up to 50 states. Its services are more used in Colorado, Washington, and Arizona. CenturyLink has various packages which are relatively cheap and with high speeds.
The speed tiers all have the same price and range from 15 Mbps to 100 Mbps. If there are promise keepers, then CenturyLink is one of them. It makes sure that you will receive the speeds you ordered for. According to research done by FCC, it concluded that the difference between advertised speed and experienced speed is very narrow.
Those who have subscribed to Internet 100 by CenturyLink benefit from the following;
- Download speeds of up to 100 Mbps.
- You will get limited data allowances.
- There are no contracts.
- You can stream and game with 4 to 6 devices simultaneously.
This plan goes for only $49 per month and you will not get bill increments, credit checks, or cancellation fees. There is also a CenturyLink Complete WiFi to your package which goes at $15 per month. By this, you will enjoy wireless network speeds. Besides, it comes with advanced security support and your management is easy through the control app.
- It has the fastest DSL speeds.
- It is available in all states.
- It does not have contracts.
- It has a high price for the speed range.
- It has a limited data allowance.
Spectrum is one of the best internet providers in the United States. It offers cable internet ranging from10 Mbps to 100 Mbps. It has great coverage covering almost 44 states in the whole country. It does not have data caps. It has several plans that but the cheapest of all is Spectrum Internet. You can get this plan at $ 49.99 per month which is one-year promotion. After the promotion is over, the regular price is $74.99. One unique feature with Spectrum price is that it is done regionally. Therefore, you should use your zip code to determine the price of the specific plan.
- It has fast speeds.
- It has unlimited data.
- It does not have contracts.
- It has limited options.
- It is not cheap.
RCN is relatively the best the cheapest internet provider in the Northeast. It is available in Boston, Chicago, Washington, DC, and Philadelphia. It has also advanced its services and is now available in the areas of New York, Lehigh Valley, and Pennsylvania. It has the cheapest internet services although it is limited. If you want to subscribe to this plan there is a one-year promotion of $34.99 per month. After that, the price shoots to its regular price.
- It has low prices.
- It has unlimited data.
- It does not have contracts.
- It has limited its availability.
10. Optimum 300
Optimum 300 has one of the cheap internet services. It does not have contracts which mean that you can always cancel the contract without charges. You can get download speeds of up to 300 Mbps. Just like RCN, you will have to confirm the availability of it in your location using the zip code of your location.
- It does not have contracts.
- You can download with speeds up to 300 Mbps.
- It is not available in most locations.
People Also Ask
We have various ISPs offering internet services in the United States. Generally, you can get the cheapest cable service at $30 per month.
More ISPs offer cable and internet services nationwide. You can get a package from Xfinity for 100 Mbps for only $34.99 per month.
What categorizes the goodness of a cable and internet service depends on the needs one has. You may be looking for super-fast internet, a small or large selection of channels, or a small one. We have different ISP who can suit your desires and expectations.
The average cost of a cable and internet per month per American is estimated to be $57. However, it depends on the plan that you have subscribed to.
No. There are no free cables with the internet. However, as mentioned above, you can get a cable with the internet as low as $30 a month.
There are different ISP who offer cable and internet packages with no contract. You can get such packages from Verizon, Xfinity, Frontier, Spectrum, and Cox.
If you had been wondering where you should get cheap cable and internet packages, then you have now gotten a good guide. You have a script you can follow and get the narrow distinction between different plans offered by different ISPs. There are different ISP in almost every city in the U.S. With all these providers, you can get confused about which ISP plan to choose. This guide is a good road map for you before you chose the right one.