CenturyLink, now known as Lumen Technologies is one of America’s largest telecommunication companies that offers its services to over 49.2 million individuals across 50 states in the United States with its strongest footprint in Washington, Arizona, and Colorado. CenturyLink is an Internet Service Provider that offers high speed DSL coverage, fiber, copper, and fixed wireless internet. Households can have access to long-distance and local telephone service, satellite television with DirecTV, fiber optic internet, and business options like Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services.
CenturyLink internet services come packed with useful features like unlimited data and affordable plans under no contracts. CenturyLink WiFi offers an excellent in-home WiFi experience like no other because of how it completely transforms your modern digital lifestyle.
Changing a WiFi network password is considered to be a common practice and it is very easy to change your CenturyLink WiFi password. For security purposes, it’s important to reset your CenturyLink WiFi password at regular intervals because a secure WiFi is the first line of defense against all external virus threats and malware. This is why it is important to know how you can easily change your CenturyLink WiFi password. This article will guide you through all the different methods you can use to change and reset your CenturyLink WiFi network password.
- How Can I Change My CenturyLink WiFi Password?
- How to Change CenturyLink WiFi Password Using the CenturyLink App?
- How to Change CenturyLink WiFi Password By Accessing the Modem Settings?
- How to Reset Your CenturyLink Modem/Router?
- What Kind of Issues can I Fix by Resetting my CenturyLink Modem?
- Should I Change my CenturyLink Administrator Name and Password?
- What is the best Method of Changing my CenturyLink WiFi Password?
- How Do I Reboot my CenturyLink Modem/Router?
- What Technology Does CenturyLink use to Power their Internet?
How Can I Change My CenturyLink WiFi Password?
Your CenturyLink WiFi network password can be easily changed without the hassle of calling a professional. You can follow the simple procedures that will be explained in this article to change your CenturyLink WiFi password. These methods include changing the WiFi password through the CenturyLink mobile app or by accessing the CenturyLink modem/router settings. Continue reading to find out how to use these methods to change your CenturyLink WiFi network password.
How to Change CenturyLink WiFi Password Using the CenturyLink App?
The My CenturyLink App is an application that helps you manage and easily access your CenturyLink account and services. You can use this mobile application to easily and conveniently manage and review your CenturyLink bills and payments. You can also manage your internet settings, upgrade your services, contact customer support, get personalized notifications and much more. Through this application, you can easily view and modify your WiFi settings. The My CenturyLink App is available to download for free in the Appstore on your iOS devices and in the Google Play Store on your Android devices.
To change your CenturyLink WiFi password using the My CenturyLink App;
- Install the My CenturyLink App onto your device and sign in using your CenturyLink credentials.
- Navigate to the My Products tab and you will see Control your WiFi option on the app menu.
- Tap on Networks and a new tab will open. Click on the WiFi network whose settings you want to change.
- Select Change Network Settings and a new tab will appear where you can change your WiFi network settings including your name and password.
- Tap on Change my password and input the new password for your CenturyLink WiFi network.
The steps may vary from the My Product tab depending on the type of modem/router you are making use of. This method is the simplest and fastest way you can modify your WiFi network settings and change your CenturyLink WiFi network password.
However, if you have encountered issues while changing your CenturyLink WiFi password using the My CenturyLink App, you should first make sure that your modem/router is working properly. You can also try updating your application to the newest version, rebooting the application or contacting the CenturyLink customer service. You can also try accessing the troubleshooting features of the application by tapping on Test My Service in the app. This will run a diagnostic and check for any present network issues that may have caused the problem.
- Easy to access the application.
- Available on most devices.
- Fastest method of changing password.
- Requires your CenturyLink login credentials.
- App has the tendency to crash at times.
How to Change CenturyLink WiFi Password By Accessing the Modem Settings?
Your CenturyLink WiFi password can also be changed by accessing the modem/router settings to manually change the password. This method is a bit more complicated than using the application but it is still relatively easy and can be done by simply accessing the modem settings of the CenturyLink WiFi network using the network’s IP address.
To change your CenturyLink WiFi network password through the modem/router settings;
- Connect your device to the internet wirelessly using an Ethernet cable and open a web browser.
- In the web browser’s search bar, type in the modem/router’s IP address number and search.
- You will be redirected to your modem/router settings.
- Now, you will need to login to the router using the username and password. Note: the modem username and password is not the same as the WiFi username and password. You can find the modem/router username and password on the back of the modem/router.
- After signing in, click on Wireless Setup and select between a 2.4 GHz or 5GHz band. You will need to change the password for each band one after the other if you have both frequencies enabled.
- Tap on Wireless Security and choose your WiFi or SSID. This can be found printed on the back of your modem/router.
- Navigate to the Enter Security Key menu and tap on Use Custom Security Key/Passphrase and input your new password.
- Tap on Apply to save the new settings.
- You can then use the new password to reconnect to all your devices on the home network because you will be logged out of the WiFi network after a password change.
You can also change your router/modem name and password from default settings to keep others from logging into your modem/router settings by following steps 1 to 4 and then clicking on Advanced Setup. Find the Administrator Password under the Security tab. After opening the tab, ensure that the administrator password is enabled and enter your new administrator password and name. Tap on Apply to save the new settings and gain sole access to your modem/router settings.
- Allows access to your modem admin settings.
- Easy to modify password and name of WiFi.
- Can be accessed through most web browsers.
- More complicated than using the application.
- Need modem administrator login information.
How to Reset Your CenturyLink Modem/Router?
Your CenturyLink WiFi modem/router can be easily reset if you are experiencing issues with your network or you have accidentally messed up the settings of your modem/router.
To reset your CenturyLink WiFi modem;
- You should first start rebooting the modem/router first before resetting by simply unplugging the modem for some minutes and plugging it back in.
- If the problem still persists, you can then go ahead and reset the modem/router to factory settings.
- You can reset the CenturyLink modem/router manually by pressing the Reset button that can be found at the back of the modem.
- You can also reset the CenturyLink modem by accessing and logging in to the modem settings using your administrator password and name.
- You can then select the Utilities icon from the main menu and click on Restore Defaults.
- Choose Restore Modem to Factory Default Settings.
- The modem will finish resetting within 3 to 5 minutes and you can go ahead and set it up again to continue using your internet services.
You will need to reconnect all your devices to the CenturyLink WiFi network again after a factory reset.
- Protects your network from external threats and malware.
- Prevents the occurrence of unexpected network issues.
- Clears a lot of modem’s network issues.
- Keeps glitches at bay.
- Too much reset or reboot could shorten the lifespan of your modem.
- High risk of data loss.
What Kind of Issues can I Fix by Resetting my CenturyLink Modem?
The reset function can fix a lot of network issues you may encounter which include routing errors, gaming issues, slow connection speeds, port connection issues, device conflicts, wireless network issues, choppy VoIP service, and more. You should reset your CenturyLink modem if it is not working properly or if you have accidentally changed the settings of the modem.
Should I Change my CenturyLink Administrator Name and Password?
Yes. It is important to change your CenturyLink administrator name and password because that will make you the only individual that can access your modem/router settings. This will keep your in-home network protected from external threats.
What is the best Method of Changing my CenturyLink WiFi Password?
The fastest and easiest way of changing your CenturyLink WiFi network password settings is through the My CenturyLink App that is available for download in the Appstore on your iOS devices and in the Google Play Store on your Android devices. It has a user-friendly interface and gives you access to all your CenturyLink products, services, settings and more.
How Do I Reboot my CenturyLink Modem/Router?
Rebooting your CenturyLink modem is easy and can be done by simply unplugging the modem from the power supply for a few minutes and plugging it back in. The modem will take a few more minutes before it connects and the light will blink green signifying a successful connection.
What Technology Does CenturyLink use to Power their Internet?
CenturyLink provides internet services to its customers through multiple ways. CenturyLink provides fast internet speeds through deploying fiber optics technology. It makes use of Fiber to the Node, Fiber to the Curb, Fiber to the Home, and also traditional DSL systems from CenturyLink central office and remote terminals.
The use of WiFi networks to connect to multiple devices at the same time has become one of the most common methods of connecting to the internet across the globe. CenturyLink offers reliable wireless network connection that you can access using the CenturyLink modem. It is important to secure your WiFi network in order to prevent external threats from gaining access to your home network.
This can be done by changing or setting a strong password that will keep your network secure. Changing your CenturyLink WiFi network password is very easy and can be done by simply downloading the My CenturyLink mobile application on your iOS or Android devices and logging in to access your WiFi network settings. You can also change your CenturyLink WiFi password by logging into your modem or router settings and modifying the WiFi network configuration from there.
These methods are easy and have been explained in detail in this article together with tips on how to reset your CenturyLink modem or router if you encounter any issues while connecting to the network. Hopefully, this guide has been able to help you change your CenturyLink WiFi network password easily without any hassle.
Related CenturyLink Article: CenturyLink Basic Cable Channels