How to pair apple tv remote? Apple has been continuing to innovate its products and designs to serve its users the comfortability and convenience they needed. Apple TV entered the competitive streaming services having the lowest-priced premium plan packed with many features which include ad-free streaming, 4K resolution, mobile downloads, and top-quality content.
An Apple TV comes with the Apple remote. It has a circular trackpad at the top and other functional buttons positioned below. The previously released Apple TV remote has a D-Pad with indicators aligned on each button – like a traditional TV remote but can go around multiple items by swiping.
The newly released and upgraded Siri Remote is easier to tell which way is the right side up. The D-Pad is also easier to use and the Siri button is now placed on the right side so there will be no unintentional opening of the voice assistant. It also now includes power and mute button.
How to Pair Apple TV Remote? – Multiple Ways to Pair TV Remote
When you are using the remote but the Apple TV does not turn on, it might need to be paired with the device. If you are using the Siri Remote, it is automatically paired with the Apple TV. However, if the Siri Remote is already a replacement, the new remote must be paired to the Apple TV again. The Siri Remote is paired to a single device only. When you pair a new remote to the Apple TV, the existing remote will be unpaired automatically. Steps in Pairing the Apple TV Remote;
Apple TV Remote or Siri Remote:
- Point the Apple TV remote at the Apple TV device. The distance between the remote and the device should not be farther than three inches away.
- Press and hold the Back or Menu button together with Volume Up simultaneously for five seconds.
- Place the remote on the top of the Apple TV device to complete the pairing process.
Apple TV Remote in Aluminum or White Version (Old Models):
- Open your Apple TV device.
- Link your Apple Remote to the Apple TV device.
- To link, hold down the Menu and Right button simultaneously for six seconds. Once a notification appears on the Apple TV, the link icon should be found above the remote icon.
If you encountered problems during pairing, check if the Apple TV is in tvOS 14.5 or a later version. To check which version your Apple TV is in, use the Apple TV remote app on your Apple devices such as iPhone or iPad.
Aside from the version, your remote may be on low battery. For Siri Remote or Apple and Apple TV remote users, charge it for at least 30 minutes with the USB cable and wall charger. If you are using an Apple Remote, just replace the battery with new ones.
How to Connect Apple TV Remote? – Easy Ways
If your Apple TV remote is not functioning properly, there might be a connection issue. This needs to be reconnected to the device.
The first thing to check is whether your Apple TV remote has a battery. If you just replaced the new ones and still not working, the remote’s sensor might be blocked by something.
Before you start connecting and pairing, you need to reset the Apple TV remote first. For all Apple TV remote models, just unplug your Apple TV device and wait for at least six seconds before you plug it back in. Usually, the home screen will reappear, and try of the connection has been reset.
To reset it manually using the remote, the instructions depend on which model of the remote you are using.
To connect the remote to your Apple device’s control center, you need to have a smart tv that is compatible with Airplay 2 to be able to add it to the control center.
Setting Up The Apple TV Remote In The Control Center:
- Open your control center on your Apple device.
- Choose the Apple TV Remote.
- Choose Apple TV or your smart TV model on the list of devices.
- Input the needed four-digit passcode in your Apple devices. If the instructions that prompted is to input the passcode on the TV, use your Siri Remote or Apple TV remote in entering the passcode on your Apple TV.
How to Sync Apple TV Remote? – Easy Ways
If you own a new Apple TV remote and you wanted to get it synced to your Apple TV, you may follow the instructions below:
- Open the Home Screen of your Apple TV.
- Press any button. This action should be detected by your device.
- A notification will appear on the top right corner of your screen which will instruct you to use your new remote closer to the device.
- Leave the remote above the Apple TV device to finish the pairing. Once done, your new remote is synced and you may start using it.
How to Use Apple TV Remote?
- The latest model of the Apple TV remote is the 2nd generation. Its buttons include the power button which turns on your tv and Apple TV device as well as turning the tv off and putting your device into sleep mode.
- The ClickPad is used to skip forward and backward, rewind, and fast-forward. The button in the middle serves as the play and pause button.
- The back button returns you to the previous screen with a single click, and holding the button will bring you to the home screen.
- The volume and mute buttons allow you to adjust the audio while watching.
How to Reset Apple TV Remote?
- By pressing and holding each of the TV/Control Center buttons at the same time you will be able to change the volume. If you hold the buttons down for about five seconds, Apple TV will turn off and then turn back on again once the status lights turn on and off again.
- Let go of the buttons and wait for 5-10 seconds. If you see a connection lost message on your TV screen, let go of the buttons and wait for 5-10 seconds.
- Your TV screen is going to display a notification when your remote has restarted displaying a Connected status.
Apple TV Remote Not Working – How To Fix Issues
Check Out These Steps First;
- Apple TV remotes or Siri Remotes must be charged for 30 minutes by using a USB wall charger and a Lightning to USB cable.
- Replace the battery in the Apple Remote if necessary. Make sure the Apple TV is unplugged from the wall outlet.
- After that, wait a few seconds before plugging it back in.
Follow the steps for your remote type if the remote still doesn’t work as expected. Ask for help if you need it after each step.
You can use the Siri Remote or the Apple TV Remote
- While pressing and holding the TV/Control Center button, also hold the Volume Down button. When the Apple TV status light turns off, hold the buttons down until it turns back on after about 5 seconds.
- Wait 5–10 seconds after releasing the buttons. You will see a notification that says “Connection Lost.”.
- On your TV screen, a Connected notification will appear after your remote has restarted.
If your remote still does not work as expected, try the following steps:
- It is important to set your remote so that it is pointing at the Apple TV. Make sure that the remote is about three inches from the Apple TV.
- You should Press and Hold Back (or Menu) and Volume Up together for approximately Five seconds.
- To complete pairing, you will need to place your remote on top of Apple TV.
Which USB Cable Should I Use for Charging the Remote?
The USB cable used in charging is the same as the ones you use on your iPhone, iPad, or iTouch.
Can I Use the Remote while Charging?
Yes. It also uses a rechargeable battery which prompts the screen if it needs charging.
With the technological updates Apple has been doing regularly, it is not impossible for an Apple TV owner to change his Apple TV remote as well. If you are replacing your old remote, it needs to be connected and pair to your Apple TV Remote and device. With the remote’s wide range of functions, getting the latest one for your Apple TV is sometimes worth it.