In the current era of technology, Google Chromecast is an innovative approach to turn your smart TV into a more entertaining resource. Like Roku and Amazon Fire Stick, it is a plug-in device bringing massive options on your TV screen that gives you excellent family time together.
Similar to Chromecast, screen mirroring is another way to connect your devices with your smart TV. Though both the technologies required Wifi; however, in case of weak or spotty Wifi connection, Chromecast allows screen mirroring to be used without Wifi or internet connection.
Google Chromecast is a USB cable-based device that adds a smart feature to your TV via connecting to its HDMI port. Through Chromecast, you may cast anything from your Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or any other Wifi enabled device directly on your smart TV screen via Google cast help. You can enjoy your photos, phone videos, Hulu, or many other things together now.
- Is WiFi or Internet Required for Chromecast Screen Mirroring?
- How Chromecast Screen Mirroring Work Without WiFi Or Internet?
- Other Chromecast Screen Mirroring Options Without WiFi or Internet
- People Also Ask
- Bottom Line
Is WiFi or Internet Required for Chromecast Screen Mirroring?
People can also use Chromecast to mirror their devices on the TV screen. Unlike Chromecasting your device on the smart TV, where you need an internet connection from different sources, screen mirroring allows people to display their content using Chromecast without any Wi-Fi or internet.
However, the feature of Chromecast screen mirroring without internet is only available for android devices. Presently, no such options are available for iOS devices.
The Chromecast developers mentioned in their statement that they did not intentionally omit iOS devices, but the limitations of iOS created a barrier for this innovation. However, the developers are looking for a way to launch Chromecast screen mirroring without internet in iOS.
How Chromecast Screen Mirroring Work Without WiFi Or Internet?
In the internet age, developers also added a Wifi feature in Chromecast to beam content on smart TV in good quality. However, developers also understand that there are times when we are out of connection, such as being in the countryside, stuck in a forest, or simply connectivity issues from the internet provider.
Therefore, unlike Roku and Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast possesses the exclusive feature of working without internet or Wifi connection named Guest mode. If you do not want to connect with the public internet, then you may enjoy using Chromecast guest mode.
The latest software version of Chromecast launched Guest mode to enjoy screen casting even without Wifi. This feature requires a sender device like their phone, tablets, or PCs available near the Chromecast device. It is quite easy to watch your favorite shows using Chromecast on guest mode; even for your friends and guests.
1) Guest Mode Setup on Chromecast
If you are interested in setting up the guest mode of Chromecast, then you have to follow following points:
- Primarily, you have to be ensured that your Chromecast is updated to the latest version of its firmware
- Turn on your device’s guest mode and then undergo below steps:
- Connect your Chromecast and mobile device to the same Wifi connection
- Open the Google Home application
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap on the accounts > devices, and then scroll down to find your available Chromecast device
- In the right upper corner of your Chromecast device, tap on the menu button and then turn guest mode on
- Now turn on the guest mode
- Your guest mode is on now, and you can enjoy casting with your device on smart TV via Chromecast without a Wifi connection
2) Guest Mode on Chromecast For Screen Mirroring Without Internet or WiFi
To use Chromecast without Wifi, you have to fulfil a few requirements as mentioned below:
- First of all, download and install any Chromecast enabled application on your phone.
- After turning on the guest mode on Chromecast, it emits a particular Wifi and Bluetooth beacon. Soon as the guest mode is launched on Chromecast enabled device, the device starts detecting the signals of special Wifi and Bluetooth beacon. The cast icon will be available on the application.
- Tapping on the cast icon, a list will be opened, providing names of all the nearby devices as an available option. Once you have found your casting device name, select it.
- The Chromecast will then create a 4 digit code using the Guest mode to create a connection. This code is required to be entered in the given field.
While the nearby casting devices connect, the Chromecast will automatically transfer this 4 digit code via inaudible and short audio tones. Often the pairing of audio tune is failed for a minute; at that time, the guest user will have a choice to connect manually via entering 4 digit number as displayed on the TV screen, as it allows quick pairing
Now your device is connected with Chromecast without using Wifi any media or file, which is locally stored in your device on your smart TV screen. Being a guest user, you can cast anything without being connected to the Wifi network of the host. On the contrary, you must have an internet connection from a different Wifi connection or via a mobile hotspot.
3) Troubleshoot When Device is not Found
While casting the host device, it sometimes happens that the cast button does not show up in the ‘nearby device’ option. In this situation, check that you have allowed Google to scan local network through:
- Open the setting app on your tablet or phone.
- Tap on Google > Device connections > Cast options > Guest mode.
- Tap on OK to allow google to scan your network information and search for nearby devices to cast on.
Other Chromecast Screen Mirroring Options Without WiFi or Internet
For people who have a smart TV but do not have built-in Wi-Fi, screen mirroring is the right option to enjoy their screen with everyone. Screen mirroring creates a direct wireless connection between the sender and receiving device. Therefore, there is no need for Wifi to mirror phones/devices on smart TV. However, with a Wifi connection, you will have a better experience with screen mirroring.
1) Chromecast Screen Mirroring without Internet
To avail Chromecast screen mirroring without internet, there are the following steps to be followed:
- Open the Google home (also a name for the Chromecast app) on your android device
- On the top left corner, tap on the burger menu presented via three parallel lines
- Tap on the cast audio/screen
- There is a cast option list; select by clicking on the Chromecast device
- Now you will have a mirror display of your android device on the Chromecast without any internet connection
This screen mirroring also has some limitations on android, such as it only runs on android 4.4.2 version or above. This Chromecast feature’s work is entirely different from that of the wireless display as the resultant output is much better than the wireless display.
2) Screen Mirror Computer to Chromecast
If you want to display your computer screen on smart TV, you have to connect it via HDMI cable, but the length of these cables is limited. Now with Chromecast, you may mirror your computer screen wirelessly in just a few clicks. There are some simple steps of screen mirroring your computer via Chromecast that includes:
- Connect your computer and dongle to the same Wifi connection
- On your computer, open chrome browser
- On the top right corner, click on the three dots and select cast by clicking
- Now hit on the source button and choose cast tab, cast file, or cast desktop
- Then click on the Chromecast device you want to mirror your screen with
Your screen is mirrored now. If you want to stop mirroring, click on the same Chromecast device name, and mirroring will be stopped.
3) Chromecast Screen Mirroring Casting With Mobile Hotspot
If you do not have an android 4.4.2 version or above the phone and are in a non-Wifi region, you may use your mobile hotspot to Chromecast your phone. However, prior to connecting Chromecast with a mobile hotspot, you must understand two things:
- Using mobile as a phone hotspot uses cellular data. Videos casting and streaming consumes enough data, so you better ensure that you have enough data to Chromecast via mobile hotspot
- Mobile hotspot does not allow you to cast from the same device that you are using a hotspot resource. So, you should have another device to cast from. This could be another phone, tablet, or laptop.
4) Connecting Chromecast Using Mobile Hotspot
There are a few steps to connect Chromecast from a mobile hotspot:
- Turn on the hotspot on your phone
- Connect Chromecast and second device to the hotspot network
- Now cast video from the second device
5) Use Chromecast Without Wifi or Internet Using Ethernet Cable
If your Wi-Fi connection is disturbed or not working rightly, you can also use your Chromecast using the ethernet cable. In the absence of Wifi, Chromecast can be directly connected to an ethernet port of router through Chromecast Ethernet adopter. This wired connection will create a reliable and faster link for the Chromecast device
To set up Chromecast through Ethernet cable without Wifi, you need to include a USB cable from the Ethernet adapter to the Chromecast and then run an Ethernet cable from the Ethernet adapter to the router. The adapter needs to be plugged into the socket, and after completing all this, the Chromecast is successfully connected to an Ethernet cable.
People Also Ask
Chromecast and screen mirroring both are part of current technology, and developers are introducing more feasibility for users via introducing different options. Although Wi-Fi is available almost everywhere and it is also our need now, there are often issues with Wi-Fi connectivity. Therefore, developers also overcome this issue via providing Chromecast screen mirroring without internet.
Now people can easily stream locally stored content from their laptop, android, and iOS devices to the TV screen even without Wifi. Moreover, Chromecast is quite affordable to everyone easily. Also, it is a small portable device or can be fixed for a longer time with your TV.
It is advantageous in the absence of the internet or having limited data packages. Additionally, it also gives you joy while travelling via a travelling router or a third-party app. Overall, it is an excellent device and allows many device connectivities in different situations.