What channel is court tv on DirecTV? Court TV is a former American television channel on cable TV 8 which airs crime documentaries, legal talk shows, and TV coverage of criminal case hearings. Through this channel, American households can watch and get an update on courtroom happenings. Audiences can watch Court TV through their local cable and satellite providers, streaming providers, video platforms, and online via a web browser.
The channel was first introduced to television in 1991. Which became TruTV and was relaunched in 2019 under Katz Broadcasting which is a subsidiary of the E.W. Scripps Company. As it relaunched, it became a digital broadcast network. Since it is now under Scripps, it aimed to provide better information to its viewers.
- What is Court TV
- Why Choose Court TV
- What Channel is Court TV on DirecTV – Channel Guide
- How to Watch Court TV – Tips to Watching
- How to Watch Court TV on DirecTV
- What Shows Can You Watch on Court TV
- How to Subscribe to Court TV on DirecTV
- Don't Miss It:
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Court TV
Court TV is a cable television network that focuses on legal and crime-related programming. The network originally launched in 1991 but was later sold and rebranded as TruTV in 2008. In 2019, Katz Broadcasting (a subsidiary of the E.W. Scripps Company) acquired the rights to the Court TV name and relaunched the network.
Why Choose Court TV
Court TV is a unique and captivating channel that provides in-depth coverage of trials and legal cases. There are several reasons why you should choose Court TV:
- Live trials and legal analysis: Court TV offers live coverage of trials and legal cases, as well as expert analysis from legal experts. You’ll get a front-row seat to some of the most intriguing and important trials and legal proceedings happening in the country.
- Insightful reporting: Court TV provides insightful reporting and analysis on the trials and legal cases it covers. You’ll get a deeper understanding of the legal issues and procedures involved, as well as the impact that these cases have on society.
- A wide range of programming: Court TV offers a wide range of programming, including criminal trials, civil cases, and legal analysis. Whether you’re interested in high-profile criminal trials, groundbreaking civil cases, or legal analysis and commentary, Court TV has something for everyone.
- An educational experience: Court TV provides an educational experience, giving you the opportunity to learn about the legal system, the judicial process, and the inner workings of trials and legal cases. Whether you’re a student, a legal professional, or simply someone who is interested in the law, Court TV is a valuable resource.
- Access to legal experts: Court TV features a team of legal experts who provide analysis and commentary on the trials and legal cases that the channel covers. You’ll be able to gain insights from these experts and learn from their expertise.
Court TV is a must-have channel for anyone who is interested in the legal system, the judicial process, and the trials and legal cases that shape our society. With its live trials, insightful reporting, wide range of programming, educational experience, and access to legal experts, Court TV is the ultimate destination for anyone who wants to stay informed and engaged with the world of law.
What Channel is Court TV on DirecTV – Channel Guide
Unfortunately, Court TV is not yet available on DirecTV. It is now that channel that is not carried by DirecTV. With limited space on the network’s satellite, it may have a lot of technical and paperwork to add sub-channels such as Court TV on the said entertainment provider.
If you like to watch shows which are similar to those aired by Court TV, you may try watching on Justice Central HD on Channel 383.
Though Court TV is not available on DirecTV, you can also watch TruTV, which was the re-branded channel of Court TV. It can be watched on channels 246 and 269. However, TruTV does not mainly focus on crime documentaries and TV shows, but it airs TV programs that are focused on reality shows and comedy programs.
|Channel Name||Channel Number|
How to Watch Court TV – Tips to Watching
1. Watching using OTA
If you are not subscribed to any entertainment services, you may try setting up a TV antenna to watch Court TV for free. In May 2019, it became an over-the-air network in different areas around the USA. You can check out the antenna channel of Court TV through your website by going to their website.
2. Watching Court TV’s Local Affiliates
If you are in a state where cable and satellite subscription is available. You can visit Court TV’s website to check if there are local cable or satellite providers available in your area. On their website, they have listings of their affiliates and which channel Court TV is available per area. This applies to o both cable service and satellite providers.
3. Watch It On YouTube TV
The easiest way to watch shows on Court TV is through YouTube TV. Even without a cable subscription, the shows aired are the same as those broadcasted on the tv channel. Compared to a cable subscription, subscribing to YouTube TV is more convenient since you do not have to sign a contract and there will be no installation of wires needed.
With only $64.99 a month, you will be able to access Court TV as well as other channels. You will be able to use YouTube TV anytime you want, even watching on a mobile phone.
Also, they only have a single plan so you will not be confused about which plan to subscribe on. The available plan has an unlimited DVR space in case you want to record episodes and shows aired on Court TV. It can also be used on different brands of supported devices and can be simultaneously watched on up to 3 devices.
4. Watching It On Roku
Aside from YouTube TV, you can also watch episodes and clips via Roku. With Roku, you need to be subscribed to the streaming service to watch Court TV. Just download the streaming app and add Court TV to your channels. Once finished, you may now enter your login details and search for Court TV on the app to start watching. If you have not subscribed yet, you may check the tv guide of Roku to access other channels that are available without any subscription.
5. Watching It On Apple TV
Almost all tv channels that are available on other streaming services are available on Apple TV. If you want to watch Court TV, you just need to download the streaming app to get the channel. If you have not subscribed to streaming services yet, you can download them on Apple TV. Once done, just use your login credentials and search for Court TV to start watching.
6. Watching It On Amazon FireStick
Before you can use the FireStick, you need to plug it in first on your television. Since you will not watch it directly from the FireStick, you have to download the streaming service you are currently subscribed to. Make sure the one you will be installing has Court TV from their channel listing. One of the most common apps that you can download is YouTube TV.
7. Watching It On Samsung TV
You can watch Court TV on a Samsung TV through a pre-installed app called Samsung TV Plus. From there, you will be able to access Court TV without any cost. If it has not been listed yet on your Samsung TV plus, you may easily find Court TV on Samsung Smart Hub and download it from there. Once done, you may now watch Court TV on Samsung TV Plus after logging in to your credentials.
8. Catch Episodes on Other Platforms
Aside from streaming services, you may also watch current and past episodes of Court TV shows on various video platforms, smart TVs, and audio stations. Audacy, an audio platform, lets you listen to the show that is currently airing and live on Court TV.
How to Watch Court TV on DirecTV
If you’re new to DirecTV, you may be wondering how to access Court TV. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Turn on your TV and DirecTV receiver.
- Press the Guide button on your remote control.
- Navigate to channel 246 (Court TV).
- Press the Select button on your remote control to start watching.
What Shows Can You Watch on Court TV
Court TV offers a variety of legal and crime-related programming. Some of the most popular shows on the network include:
- Closing Arguments
- The Court TV Mysteries
- The First 48
- Forensic Files
- Judgment with Ashleigh Banfield
1. Closing Arguments
Closing Arguments is a live legal news and analysis show that covers high-profile court cases and trials. The show features legal experts, attorneys, and reporters who provide in-depth analysis and commentary on the latest legal developments.
2. The Court TV Mysteries
The Court TV Mysteries is a series that focuses on unsolved mysteries and cold cases. The show features reenactments, interviews, and archival footage to explore some of the most intriguing and baffling cases in history.
3. The First 48
The First 48 is a documentary series that follows homicide detectives in the first 48 hours after a murder. The show takes viewers behind the scenes of real investigations, giving them an inside look at the techniques and strategies used to solve crimes.
4. Forensic Files
Forensic Files is a classic true-crime series that uses forensic science to solve crimes. The show explores the role of forensic evidence in criminal investigations, highlighting the techniques and technologies used by forensic experts to crack some of the most difficult cases.
5. Judgment with Ashleigh Banfield
Judgment with Ashleigh Banfield is a legal news and analysis show that covers the biggest trials and court cases of the day. The show features interviews with legal experts and insiders, as well as analysis and commentary on the latest legal developments.
OJ25 is a documentary series that explores the OJ Simpson trial and its aftermath. The show features interviews with key players in the trial, including prosecutors, defense attorneys, and journalists, as well as archival footage and analysis of the evidence.
How to Subscribe to Court TV on DirecTV
Subscribing to Court TV on DirecTV is an easy process that can be done in just a few steps. Whether you’re a new DirecTV subscriber or an existing one, you can add Court TV to your programming package with ease. Here’s how you can do it:
- Call DirecTV customer service: The easiest way to subscribe to Court TV is to call DirecTV customer service at 1-800-531-5000. You can speak with a representative who will be able to add Court TV to your programming package.
- Use the DirecTV website: You can also subscribe to Court TV online through the DirecTV website. Simply log in to your account, navigate to the “Programming” section, and select “Add Channel Packages.” From there, you can choose Court TV and follow the steps to add it to your package.
- Use the DirecTV app: If you prefer to use your mobile device, you can also subscribe to Court TV through the DirecTV app. Simply download the app, log in to your account, and follow the same steps as you would on the website.
Once you have subscribed to Court TV, you will be able to enjoy all of the live trials and legal programming that the channel has to offer. Whether you’re a fan of criminal trials, civil cases, or legal analysis, Court TV has something for everyone.
Subscribing to Court TV on DirecTV is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes. Whether you prefer to call, use the website, or use the app, you’ll be able to add this exciting channel to your programming package in no time.
If you’re a DirecTV subscriber and you’re interested in legal and crime-related programming, Court TV is a must-watch channel. With its wide variety of shows and documentaries, Court TV is sure to keep you entertained and informed. And with its availability on channel 246 in all DirecTV packages, it’s easy to access no matter what package you have. So, what are you waiting for? Tune in to Court TV on DirecTV and start enjoying some of the best legal and crime-related programming on television.
Don’t Miss It:
- What Channel is TruTV on DirecTV
- What Channel is TruTV on Dish
- How To Watch Local Channels On Smart TV
- How to Watch Local TV Online Free Streaming