CNBC is a US based financial and business news television channel owned by NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, with both being ultimately owned by Comcast. Headquartered in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, the network primarily carries business day coverage of U.S.
And international financial markets; following the end of the business day and on non-trading days, CNBC primarily carries financial and business-themed documentaries and reality shows.
Does CNBC Have DirecTV
CNBC is a business news TV channel that provides live coverage of financial markets and other economic data. Comcast owns the network through NBCUniversal. CNBC does not offer a DIRECTV package, but it can be found on some DIRECTV packages. You will need to check with your local service provider to see if CNBC is part of their programming lineup. If it isn’t, you can add CNBC as a standalone channel for an additional fee.
In addition to the live TV programming, CNBC offers several options for watching its content online or on mobile devices. Their website has a live feed of their broadcast and provides extensive coverage of breaking news stories. There are also apps available for iOS and Android devices that allow you to watch CNBC’s programming wherever you go.
Can I Stream CNBC
Yes and no. CNBC is available to stream on about 250 different cable television providers. However, it won’t be available if you don’t have one or a subscription to one of those providers.
So, if you want to watch CNBC in full H.D. with sound quality comparable to what you would get from cable television, then you’ll need an over-the-air or a digital antenna for your television.
If this is the case for you and you cannot find an over-the-air channel in your area, then an old-fashioned rabbit ear antenna will likely suffice. These antennas can be found at most big box stores and online retailers like Amazon.
What Channel is CNBC on DirecTV – 2023 Channel Guide
CNBC is on channel 355 on DIRECTV, a satellite and broadcast network owned by NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, all of which are owned by Comcast. The channel’s programming consists of news coverage and business information.
CNBC also carries a variety of other programs, including financial news broadcasts, lifestyle and reality shows, documentaries, sports telecasts involving NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL games, horse-racing events, and exclusive primetime series such as Harpo’s Studio 63. The network has more than 400 hours of radio programming each week.
The channel was founded as the Satellite Program Network (SPN) on December 1, 1965. It was first launched at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on January 1, 1966, as one of two networks created to provide business news to television sets without needing a local station.
SPN built its reputation on international trade stories like “The Coffee Trade” from the New York Stock Exchange floor.
How to Get CNBC on DirecTV – Easy Ways
CNBC is a cable news channel that covers business, finance, and investments. It is also available on DirecTV. If you have the DirecTV Genie DVR and want to get CNBC, you can use one of the following methods:
- Use a third-party device called the STRIPE TV adapter. It’s available on Amazon and costs around $70. This will allow you to use your existing Roku device and receive CNBC and other channels like ESPN, CNN, and HGTV.
- You can also get the channel through the DIRECTV NOW app. The free app allows you to watch live T.V. from over 100 channels, including NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, Bloomberg TV, Fox Sports, and more! If you want to add CNBC to your DirecTV package, it costs $17 per month, but it’s well worth it for all the channels you get! You can check out our complete guide on how to get CNBC on DirecTV here!
- If none of those options work for you, consider purchasing a standalone set-top box (STB). These devices plug directly into your T.V., so there’s no need for an additional cable or satellite receiver.
Top Popular Shows to Watch on CNBC
CNBC is one of the most popular channels on TV. It’s a popular business news channel that brings you all the latest news and updates worldwide.
CNBC has a wide range of shows you can watch when you are not working or doing anything else, but some shows are worth watching over others.
Here are some top picks:
- Squawk Box (6 am-9 am): This show is hosted by Joe Kernen and Andrew Ross Sorkin. They discuss the latest news stories and interview guests about their business experiences.
- Power Lunch (11 am-2 pm): This show is hosted by Becky Quick and David Faber, who talk about how companies perform in the market and what they should do to stay competitive.
- Mad Money (3 pm-5 pm): Jon Najarian, Andrew Ross Sorkin, and Carl Quintanilla discuss stocks in this show. They also give recommendations on which stores they believe will perform well.
- Fast Money (5 pm-8 pm): The hosts of this show are Pete Najarian, Sara Eisen, Tim Seymour, and Brian Kelly. During this show, they discuss what stocks they think will perform well in the future.
How Much is CNBC on DirecTV
CNBC is available on DIRECTV for $20 per month. CNBC is a 24-hour news channel that features live broadcasts from the New York Stock Exchange and other major financial institutions and in-depth programming about business and finance. CNBC is available in H.D., which means it will look better on your T.V. than standard definition (S.D.) programming.
CNBC also offers a live streaming service through its website, CNBC PRO, which allows you to watch the channel on a computer or mobile device. You can watch live streams of CNBC shows and use apps like Watch ESPN and Watch NFL Live to access content that isn’t available on the channel’s live stream.
How Can I Watch CNBC
CNBC is available on cable, satellite, and IPTV. The CNBC app can stream the channel live on mobile devices. You can access CNBC through an over-the-air antenna if you don’t have cable or satellite T.V. You can also watch CNBC live streaming on your computer by visiting cnbc.com/live. If you’re a cord cutter, you can still get CNBC content via its iOS, Android, and Apple T.V. apps.
What Channel can I Watch it on
CNBC is available on most TV’s, computers, and mobile devices. You can also watch it live on CNBC.com or the NBC News App. You can find a full list of supported devices and platforms below:
- Apple TV (4th generation)
- Apple TV (3rd generation)
- Amazon Fire TV (1st and 2nd Generation)
- Android TV (versions 6, 7, and 8)
Chromecast Ultra Chromecast Audio 3rd generation Chromecast 1st Generation Chromecast 2nd Generation Google Home Mini Google Home Max Roku Streaming Stick Roku Express Roku Premiere Player Apple TV (4th generation) Apple TV (3rd generation) Amazon Fire TV (1st and 2nd Generation) Android TV (version 6, 7 and 8) Chromecast Ultra Chromecast Audio 3rd generation Chromecast 1st Generation Chromecast 2nd Generation Google Home Mini Google Home Max Roku Streaming Stick Roku Express Roku Premiere Player.
How Do You Add a Channel on DIRECTV
DirectTV customers can access hundreds of channels but may want to add more. The good news is that adding additional channels is easy. To add a channel to your DirectTV lineup, you need only do the following:
- Find the channel you want. You can search for it online or look at a channel guide.
- Call DirectTV customer service at 1-800-531-5000 and request the channel be added to your lineup. They will ask you for the channel number and name of the network; this information should be available in your guide or on their website.
- If you are unhappy with any other aspect of your service (such as price), contact them again and ask for a different package or plan.
CNBC is a 24-hour business and financial news television channel. Its spinoff services include CNBC World and CNBC Asia, providing programming focused on different continents. While CNBC’s previous slogans included First in Business Worldwide and The Global Leader in Business News, the channel currently identifies itself as The Worldwide Leader in Business Television.