Occasionally, Large ISPs ignore and let go rural areas given that the value of setting up infrastructure in the area is unprofitable. In return, the clients in these residents opt to depend on unreliable connections of satellite internet.
Introduction of 4G and LTE come in handy. Rural internet service providers have come in the lime light, with MVNOs (mobile virtual network operators) by getting on board to provide reliable internet connections to residents with no choice.
Now that the mooring mast in rural have not been fully exploited, MVNOs have opted to use these infrastructures since they don’t own any, by utilizing the telecommunication masts for provision of 4G LTE internet connections to the subscribers within the area of coverage.
MVNO is Offering These Services to Valued Rural Residents
1. Unlimited LTE
Unlimited LTE Data provides 4G LTE internet on T-network, smartphones alongside modems and hotspots. They are requested to pay between 99 to 179.98 Dollars.
Mbps( Megabytes Speed Per Second).
However, as much as they have indicated the services are unlimited, it comes with limited soft data package. When subscribers consume data above the set limit of 50GB, the speed becomes slow during the peak hours. Precedence is offered to the users within the set limit for they do not get affected by reduced speed.
Infinite LTE has a single data package with available discounts to long term prepaid subscribers.
Cost of the Data Package
The Unlimited Data package costs 69.99 Dollars per month which is further broken down with discounted long term plan as follows:
- Three Months pre-payment of 194.97 Dollars in total is discounted to 64 Dollars against 69.99 Dollars Monthly payments.
- Six Moths pre- payment of 359.94 Dollars in total is discounted to 64.99 Dollars against 69.99 Dollars Monthly payments.
- Sim card option costs 79.99 payable on Monthly basis.
- The subscription is not offered on contract basis.
- RVers comes with an advantage to several mobile brands with the long term subscription discounts to clients.
- Limited through soft data.
- Not the best choice for online streaming and gamers.
- The client is not able to do cost evaluations since the average speed is not indicated.
2. Buddy system
- Buddy System has no contracts with AT&T therefore; their capacity is exceedingly limited as far as service provision is concerned. Clients sign up after connection which is a unique facility by the providers.
- Buddy system only provides AT&T routers meaning the clients are required to buy an AT&T- compatible SIM card, when it comes to hardware.
- It is worth noting customer care services are limited to one email and it does not specify the working hours which is a great disadvantage.
Cost on speed
- This MVNOs plan goes for 65 Dollars per Month and does not have data restrictions through limited soft or hard data.
- Buddy system supplies a one week trial session with a total refund should the services fail to meet the client’s expectations. However, the SIM card and modem are not refundable since they are bought from different suppliers.
- Very cost friendly.
- No data limits to subscribers.
- Lack of transparency in the details.
- Limited performance.
- Do not supply SIM cards and modems.
3. Unlimited Advance
Unlimited advance have partnered with T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T for various provisions. Willing Subscribers should check the signal strength of every porter within the coverage area. This enables them to make a choice that gives value for money in terms of signal strength, quality, speed and dormancy. It is advisable to start with the least expensive.
The price depends on the porter in each location and they have three categories to choose from. The lowest price chargeable rate is 99.99 Dollars per month for the fortunate clients within this coverage area. The rest may up to 199.99 Dollars per Month which is the most expensive rate.
It is worth noting mobile hotspots and routers are outsourced from other sellers and their prices range from 9.99 to 149.99 Dollars. They also offer a two weeks trial period with refund for non-performance but the outsourced devices are not refundable to their suppliers.
The unlimited advance is among the few MVNOs that quotes speed ranging between 20Mbps and 50Mbps. The speed may increase if the subscriber is close to the unobstructed mast.
The keyword is that they are not unlimited as quoted, since they have a policy of lowering the speed to reduce extreme data over use.
- Extra ordinary coverage.
- High speed.
- No commitment through contacts.
- Exorbitant routers for purchase.
- Extreme costs on Monthly rates which may increase subsequently depending on the carriers.
- Controlled speed.
- Devices are not refundable after purchase.
4. Unlimited Metropolis
Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T are the main mobile conveyer used by Unlimited Metropolis’ four plans.
They mainly deal with long term subscribers who frequently use their services. The clients are expected register by paying a fee of 249 Dollars for membership, as a one off payment. Once the clients stop accessing their services they register with the same amount should they wish to resume back as members.
Prices begin from 99 Dollars and they provide the hotspot and router devices. Monthly rates fall between 150 to 249 Dollars.
They are not entirely unlimited as the name states since they have soft caps that range from 200GB to 500GB. However, it is much better than majority carriers but also has a soft broadband cap. Once the clients exceeds 500GB limit severally, the Monthly fee is raised to 500Dolars
Any client willing to subscribe to the service is allowed to do a 14 day access and it starts from the day of installation and subscription. Should the client feel the deal is not worth it, they get a refund of both one off registration fee and Monthly subscription fee.
- No bidding contracts.
- The limits are flexible and very informative.
- Very expensive Monthly rates.
- Installation procedures are very costly.
- Short term clients cannot access.
5. Broadband Q
98% of the residents in the United States of America have Broadband Q as their internet provider that offers LTE and 4G internet services. They offer a 10 day trial period with a refund of total activation cost and all amount paid should it not perform. The current obstacle is to get their services online since the procedure requires the client to wait for them to call back after filling out personal details.
Broadband Q plans range from 99 Dollars Month, but they are limited providers though not all. The plans depend on the data provisions: 30GB, 50GB or Unlimited that comes with a high cost.
That notwithstanding, They offer unlimited services for all their plans and do not allow streaming above 480p in the plan. However, it applies to permitted subscribers.
In case the subscriber exceeds the data limit through extreme usage, charges hike to approximately 10 Dollars per GB.
The gadget’s activation fee of 199 Dollar’s is also very costly. They don’t give the specifications of the modem but it consoles to know that it comes with a two year guarantee manufacturer warranty.
- The subscription is not contract based.
- Outstanding coverage.
- Unlimited streaming(480p only).
- Extra tasks like streaming have limited data.
- Excess consumptions are costly.
- Fully managed network.
6. UbiFi Lacking
UbiFi lacking has a reasonable Montly cost but uses a very expensive hardware. It is advisable to buy enhanced signals directly from them with a run test before buying; for evaluations before investing on one. It uses AT&T cell towers that provide high-speed 4G LTE internet.
The available Monthly plan charges 89.99 Dollars and is charged on a Monthly basis. There are no activation costs indicated on their website. It is possible to use their services for a free one month trial but during refund one pays a restocking fee of 15% of the money paid for plans and gadgets.
The equipment are expensive that costs 314.99 Dollars for gateway,84.99 Dollars for Antennas and 399.99 for signal boosters. This is not convenient for poor signal residents.
Their plans are unlimited but they do not have a data cap. The speed goes down when one uses excess data. The limit of excess data is not indicated before they implement on this. However an email is sent to the subscriber for warnings.
It should be noted that regulating data usage is a demanding task but they clearly state that they have the right to terminate services in the event of data overuse. But it does not categorically state how much is too much. They also request for extra charges as a right. The best thing is to reach them out directly.
- Extra ordinary coverage.
- Pre testing of signal before purchase.
- Costly installations.
- Interruptions for major data consumers.
- Lack of product knowledge on usage policies.
The two North America’s major cell mobile operators namely; AT&T and T-Mobile operate with GotW3.They effectively offer signals from the nearest cell mast.Their routers are quite mobile which is the best choice for clients who are not stationed in one place.
Whether in the urban or rural settlement, their Monthly plan goes for 109.99 Dollars per Month. 50 Dollars is deducted from the total amount paid should one wish to get a refund of the total payment. It comes with 25 dollar reconnection fee should one wish to reclaim the account in future.
The most demanding and expensive gadget is the router which goes for 227.49 and is paid one off
GotW3 do not specify their speed but indicate the service is not really gamer-friendly. They clearly state online gaming to bitcoin mining may face fines.
Soft data caps are a thing to worry about that range from 300GB to 500GB per Month. However, they do not have overage fees. The speed is lowered once data cap is exceeded.
- No provided data limits.
- No binding contracts.
- Access during mobility.
- Very expensive router.
- Not suitable for internet gaming.
- Does not favour streaming.
- Very limited speed.
It is worth noting, most of the 4G rural internet providers offer the best services. Most of them have some hidden costs which are disclosed later during the purchase procedures.
The Monthly fees that come with the installation and gadgets cost complicates the process since they are pre-paid and may go above 500 Dollars. Rural clients may not have access to signal masts and it in turn restricts their access. Fortunately, several Companies have affordable routers.
The most disappointing long term aspect is the 4G rural internet providers who claim to provide unlimited data plans without the specifications on hard or soft data limitations. In the final analysis the client is left without a way to manage internet usage.