The Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program, also known as ACP, provides eligible low-income households discounts on internet service and connected devices. With over 14.5 million households enrolled as of late 2023, ACP aims to help more Americans get online and access vital resources.
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC benefit program that provides a monthly discount on internet service and a one-time discount on a computer or tablet for qualifying low-income households.
Key Facts About Affordable Connectivity Program
- Provides up to $30/month discount on internet service
- Also offers up to $75 for a computer or tablet
- Open to eligible low-income households
- Part of Bipartisan Infrastructure Law enacted in 2021
- Funded by $14.2 billion over Affordable Connectivity Program’s lifetime
The goal of the Affordable Connectivity Program is to help ensure all Americans can access essential internet resources for healthcare, education, work, and more. With many daily activities moving online, having an internet connection at home is more vital than ever.
Am I Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
You may be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program benefit if your household meets one of the following criteria:
ACP Income Requirements
- Your income is 200% or less than federal poverty guidelines
- You participate in certain assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, or Lifeline
- You participated in the Emergency Broadband Benefit previously
Your household does NOT need to be a current internet service customer to qualify for ACP. New and current customers can enroll to receive the monthly ACP internet discount.
To view the full ACP eligibility requirements, check the Affordable Connectivity Program website.
How Do I Apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Applying for the Affordable Connectivity Program benefit is simple and straightforward process. You can apply online, by mail, or contact Spectrum directly to enroll.
Applying for ACP With Spectrum
The easiest way to apply is through your Spectrum account online, which instantly confirms eligibility.
To apply for ACP with Spectrum:
- Visit Spectrum’s Affordable Connectivity Program page and select “Enroll Now”
- Log in to your Spectrum account
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to submit your ACP application
Spectrum will guide you through the eligibility check process. Within 1-2 days, Spectrum will confirm if you qualify for the ACP benefit.
Additional Ways to Apply for Affordable Connectivity Program
You can also apply for ACP through these methods:
- Mail: Complete the mail-in ACP application and submit it along with proof of eligibility
- National Verifier Tool: Use the National Verifier tool to confirm eligibility online
- Contact Spectrum: Call 1-855-707-7328 to enroll over the phone
No matter how you apply, you’ll need to provide documents that prove your eligibility when enrolling in the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program: Save on Your Internet Bill!
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government-sponsored initiative that provides qualified households with a monthly discount on broadband internet service. This means you can enjoy all the advantages of Spectrum Internet, like high-speed connectivity, reliable Wi-Fi, and access to streaming services, at a reduced cost.
Here’s how it works:
- Save money on your Spectrum internet service! The ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) is a government-sponsored program that provides qualified households with a monthly discount on broadband internet.
- Enjoy all the benefits of Spectrum Internet. Get high-speed internet, reliable Wi-Fi, and access to streaming services, all while saving every month.
- Easy to participate. The ACP discount appears automatically as a credit on your monthly statement, so you don’t need to worry about coupons or rebates.
To be eligible, a member of your household must meet one of the following criteria:
- Government assistance programs: Medicaid, SNAP benefits, SSI, Section 8 FPHA support, Veterans and Survivor’s Pension benefit
- School programs: Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program (including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision), or did so in the 2019-2020 school year
- Education: Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Other: Meets the eligibility criteria for Spectrum’s low-income program, Federal Lifeline customers
Steps to start saving:
- Click here to learn more about Spectrum ACP: [Insert link to Spectrum ACP page]
- Check your eligibility: Use the Spectrum ACP website or the National Verifier website to see if you qualify.
- Sign up for both ACP and Spectrum internet: You can do this online at the Spectrum ACP page or by calling Spectrum customer service at 1-855-432-6622.
- Start saving! The ACP discount will automatically appear on your monthly statement for the duration of the program.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to save on your internet service!
The Spectrum Internet Assist Program
Spectrum Internet Assist is a program that provides low-cost internet access to eligible households. The program offers a 30 Mbps internet plan for $14.99 per month, which is significantly cheaper than Spectrum’s standard internet plans. The program also includes a free modem and wireless router.
To be eligible for the Spectrum Internet Assist program, you must participate in one of the following government assistance programs:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Free and reduced-price lunch program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
If you think you might be eligible for the Spectrum Internet Assist program, you can call Spectrum customer service at 1-855-432-6622 or visit the Spectrum website to sign up.
Here are some of the benefits of the Spectrum Internet Assist program:
- Low-cost internet access: The program’s 30 Mbps internet plan is much cheaper than Spectrum’s standard internet plans.
- Free modem and wireless router: The program includes a free modem and wireless router, so you don’t have to pay any additional fees.
- No contracts: The program is month-to-month, so you can cancel at any time.
- No data caps: The program has no data caps, so you can use as much data as you want.
If you are looking for a low-cost internet option, the Spectrum Internet Assist program is a great choice.
What Internet Services Are Included in ACP?
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides a discount of up to $30 per month towards internet service from participating providers. Over 1,300 internet companies participate in ACP nationwide, including major providers like Spectrum, AT&T, Verizon, Comcast Xfinity and many more.
With Spectrum, ACP covers the following home internet plans:
- Spectrum Internet Assist
- Spectrum Internet
- Internet Gig
The ACP discount can be applied to any speed tier of these Spectrum internet plans. Fiber internet options are also eligible.
So whether you select the 30 Mbps, 100 Mbps or up to 1 Gbps plan, you’ll receive the full $30 ACP monthly discount on your Spectrum bill.
How Do I Use My Affordable Connectivity Program Benefit?
Using your monthly ACP discount is automatic every month with Spectrum. Here is an overview of what to expect:
1. Confirm You Qualify
After submitting your ACP application, Spectrum will review and confirm your eligibility within 1-2 days usually. You’ll receive an enrollment confirmation email when approved.
2. ACP Discount Added to Bill
Your first bill with the Affordable Connectivity Program $30 discount will generate 1-2 billing cycles after eligibility is confirmed. The credit will appear as a line item called “ACP Credit” on your subsequent Spectrum bills.
3. Discount Auto-Applies Every Month
The $30 Affordable Connectivity Program discount auto-applies to your Spectrum bill each month. There’s no need to re-enroll. Spectrum and the ACP program manage everything behind the scenes.
Be sure to pay your Spectrum bill on time each month to continue receiving uninterrupted service and your ACP discount.
What Connected Devices Are Included in ACP?
In addition to the monthly internet service discount, the Affordable Connectivity Program provides a one-time discount of up to $75 towards a computer or tablet. This connected device benefit allows eligible households to purchase equipment needed for internet access.
You can use your ACP connected device benefit at Spectrum to purchase:
- Desktop computers
The $75 discount from ACP applies to the purchase price of a computer or tablet from Spectrum. You pay the remaining balance minus the ACP device discount.
Some restrictions with the ACP connected device offers include:
- One ACP connected device discount per eligible household
- Cannot be used towards smartphone purchases
- Must be purchased from Spectrum
If you prefer to buy a computer or tablet elsewhere, check with your local participating retail stores if they accept ACP device discounts. Big retailers like Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy also offer the ACP $75 connected device promotion online for eligible customers.
Can I Get Additional Discounts?
Yes, you can receive other discounts beyond the Affordable Connectivity Program. Spectrum offers additional cost savings for ACP enrollment through Spectrum Internet Assist.
Spectrum Internet Assist provides 30 Mbps internet for qualified low-income households. With ACP, Spectrum Internet Assist is just $14.99 per month.
You also get access to these Spectrum Internet Assist perks:
- No data caps
- No annual contracts
- Free modem + WiFi service
- Free security software
- 30 Mbps speeds
- $14.99/month with ACP discount
Sign up to combine Spectrum Internet Assist with Affordable Connectivity Program savings for maximum value.
Have There Been Any 2024 ACP Updates?
As the Affordable Connectivity Program entered its third year in 2023, the FCC implemented key updates to expand eligibility and make the benefit more flexible.
Key 2024 Affordable Connectivity Program Changes
Here are some notable updates that took effect on or after December 1, 2023:
- Households are now re-verified for ACP once per year rather than every 6 months
- The National Verifier can confirm eligibility for Medicaid, CHIP, WIC, and internet assistance applicants
- New flexible enrollment means providers can offer ACP without eligibility check first while verification happens in background
- Households who qualified previously retain ACP benefit without needing to requalify when ordering new internet service
- FCC modernized ACP systems and extended benefit “until further notice” with sufficient federal funding
These 2023/2024 rule changes allow more eligible households to enroll easily and retain the Affordable Connectivity Program long term.
The one-year re-verification period in particular brings more stability to maintain the ACP discount continuously. This helps reduce gaps in internet service.
Be sure to check your email and mail for any requests to re-confirm eligibility as the 2023/2024 year mark approaches. Responding to these requests ensures your ACP benefit continues without disruption.
How The Affordable Connectivity Program Spectrum Discount Works?
Here’s how the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) discount works with Spectrum internet:
- Meet income requirements (200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines or below) or participate in specific government assistance programs like Medicaid, SNAP, WIC, Lifeline, or SSI.
- Residents on Tribal lands have a higher income threshold (200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines) for eligibility.
- Receive up to $30 per month off your Spectrum internet bill.
- If you live on Tribal lands, the discount increases to $75 per month.
- One discount per household, even if multiple people within the household qualify.
Applying the Discount:
- Sign up for both the ACP and Spectrum internet together:
- You can do this on the Spectrum ACP webpage (https://www.spectrum.com/cp/broadband-get-qualified).
- Check your eligibility and enroll in both programs simultaneously.
- Existing Spectrum customer:
- Contact Spectrum customer service at 1-855-432-6622 and inform them you want to add the ACP discount.
Using the Discount:
- The discount will be applied directly to your monthly Spectrum internet bill.
- If you qualify for the full $30 or $75 discount, it could potentially cover the entire cost of certain Spectrum internet plans, like Spectrum Internet 100, which offers 100 Mbps download speeds for $29.99 per month.
- The ACP is currently funded through December 31, 2023, and future funding is uncertain. If the program ends, your discount will stop.
- You must use your internet service at least once every 30 days to keep receiving the discount.
- You can only have one ACP discount per household.
Conclusion: Get Connected with Spectrum’s Affordable Connectivity Program
Spectrum’s ACP program combines fast, reliable home internet with maximum cost savings for qualifying households.
- Provides $30 monthly discount + $75 connected device benefit
- Open to eligible low-income households
- Easy online or phone enrollment
- 30 Mbps minimum speeds with Spectrum Internet plans
- Combine with Spectrum Internet Assist for added value
Affordable connectivity opens doors to essential healthcare, jobs, education and more. Check eligibility and enroll with Spectrum’s ACP today to get connected.
Frequently Asked Questions About Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program
What is the Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
The Spectrum ACP is a government program that provides eligible households with a discount on their monthly internet service cost. You can receive up to $30 per month, or $75 per month if you live on Tribal lands. This discount can be applied to any Spectrum internet plan.
Who is eligible for the ACP?
You may be eligible for the ACP if you participate in certain government assistance programs, meet income qualifications, or live on Tribal lands. Here are some examples:
- Individuals receiving: Medicaid, SNAP (food stamps), WIC, Lifeline, SSI
- Households with an income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line
- Residents of Tribal lands with income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line
How can I find out if I’m eligible for the ACP?
You can visit the Spectrum website (https://www.spectrum.com/internet/spectrum-internet-assist) or the National Verifier Website (https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program) to check your eligibility. You can also call Spectrum customer service at 1-855-432-6622.
What internet plans does the ACP apply to?
The ACP discount can be applied to any Spectrum internet plan, including their most affordable option, Spectrum Internet 100. This plan offers 100 Mbps download speeds for $29.99 per month, and eligible households can receive a $30 credit through the ACP, making it free.
Do I need to sign up for both the ACP and Spectrum internet separately?
No, you can sign up for both the ACP and Spectrum internet at the same time. When you visit the Spectrum ACP page (https://www.spectrum.com/internet/spectrum-internet-assist), you can check your eligibility and enroll in both programs simultaneously.
What happens if the ACP ends?
The ACP is currently funded through December 31, 2023. While there’s a chance it may be extended, it’s important to remember that it might not continue indefinitely. If the program ends, your ACP discount will stop, and you’ll be responsible for your full internet bill.
Can I have more than one ACP discount in my household?
No, each household is only eligible for one ACP discount. However, the discount can be applied to the internet service account that serves the entire household.
I have more questions about the Spectrum ACP. Who can I contact?
You can contact Spectrum customer service at 1-855-432-6622 or visit the Spectrum ACP website (https://www.spectrum.com/internet/spectrum-internet-assist) for more information. You can also reach out to the FCC’s ACP support at 1-888-321-6673.