Internet in today’s world has become a necessity for everyone. Almost everyone across the globe has access to the free internet illegally through mobile phones or laptops or any such devices. This has made the internet one of the basic requirements in today’s world. You can literally do anything if you have an internet connection. You can roam anywhere virtually, book appointments for seminars, learn different skills, order something to eat if you’re hungry, and even earn money through it.
Adaptation of the internet has definitely made lives easier. However, this internet itself comes at a cost. Internet Service Providers (ISPs) can charge a high amount of money from their consumers just to provide their services.
Due to this, prices for the internet all across the globe vary from one country to another. It also depends on the taxes levied by the government of a certain country. However, that’s a topic for another time.
In a recent survey, it was found that Americans pay an approximate bill of $60-$70 every month just for internet services alone. That amounts up to more than $700 a year in internet bills alone! This comes as a shock to me, realizing how much I’ve been paying for the internet every month for the past few years.
However, as we all know, there is a solution to every problem. The problem of rising internet costs can be a bit complicated in the long run. However, we have solutions for you that we feel might help you out in some manner. Keep reading ahead for more info.
We have found out of multiple ways using which you can have access to free internet at your place, that too illegally doesn’t matter what part of the town you live in. Let us walk you through those methods.
How To Get Free Internet illegally? – A Complete Guide
1) Internet Service Providers Giving No-Cost Internet Service
Due to the ongoing pandemic, many internet service providers have rolled out new plans and services which you might qualify for. Many companies have been waiving internet fees for their consumers due to the ongoing COVID outbreak.
Some ISPs are still rolling out new plans for low-income families who cannot afford to pay for the internet. If you qualify as one, you get an internet connection at your place for free.
2) Internet Service Provider ‘Altice’ Giving Free Services
Altice is giving its consumers the opportunity to get access to free internet for 60 days at a good internet speed. New customers for Altice have a chance to get a 30Mbps internet connection for absolutely no cost. You get this offer if you are a family with K-12 or college students in their household and if Altice service is available in your area.
- Free good speed internet.
- Good connection and coverage.
- Only for students.
- 60-day time limit.
3) Get AT&T Internet at an Extremely Low-cost
Internet provider AT&T is offering free data plans for certain school-issued tablets. Also, AT&T has recently launched a program for the benefit of low-income families who receive SSI benefits in California.
4) Low-cost Internet by COX
Cox offers affordable internet through the Connect2Complete program. Connect2Compete gives you access to Cox’s Internet Starter 10 plan, which provides speeds up to 10Mbps for just $9.99 per month. After the first month, the cost goes up to $19.99* per month—and the cost goes up again at the end of the year.
5) Go for Free WiFi Hotspots
Instead of paying for wifi at home, you can opt to go to a café where free wifi is available. Quite a lot of café nowadays offer free wifi for their customers to lure them into their coffee shop so their sales can go up. You can use this opportunity to get free internet for yourself.
6) Ask your Neighbor for a Favor
If you have good relations with your neighbors, ask them for a favor. If your neighbor has a wifi connection, ask them if you can connect their wifi with your device and use it. This way, you will not have to pay for wifi and can use it.
- You might get free internet.
- Good speed and network coverage.
- You might have to split the bill with your neighbor.
7) Shift to NetZero
NetZero is one such organization that aims at providing free internet service to its consumers. However, NetZero has mostly transitioned to ISP, consumers can still get access to free internet services provided by the company. But, there are some limitations;
- The First Limitation: Is that the internet speed is extremely slow. It lies in the range of 30kbps only.
- The Second Limitation: Is that NetZero has limited internet access to only 10 hours a month. But the service it provides is still free. If you are someone who uses the internet only for messaging apps, you can work it out.
8) Get Free Internet with FreedomPop
FreedomPop is another company which provides internet services to its customers absolutely free. It provides better speed than NetZero and also doesn’t have any such time limitations.
You can catch download speeds of up to 1Mbps on its free plan and can use it as much as you want. However, the company has put a data cap on its free plans.
You can get better speeds of up to 25Mbps with no data caps by upgrading to a paid plan.
9) Go to a Public Library
Public libraries are powerful, but often overlooked resources. Your local public library should offer free public Wi-Fi that you can use for as long as you want along with a comfortable place to sit.
Libraries generally offer computers you can use, too. Depending on your library, there may be a time limit on computer usage so that everyone who wants to use a computer can do so. Some libraries do require an appointment to be made beforehand if you wish to use their devices for accessing the internet.
10) Download InstaBridge
InstaBridge is a free internet app for your smartphone that conveniently provides you with Wifi passwords and spots on the go.
This app shows the nearest places with free Wifi for us to access, well under walking distance and performance. The app will automatically connect you to the wifi that work in your area, and keep you off the ones that don’t.
A very good feature on InstaBridge is that you can list your own home Wifi to share with family and friends. This way you can also share your wifi with other for free.
11) Use your own Phone as a Hotspot Device
Using your phone as a hotspot is essentially using it as a mobile router. You can turn on the hotspot feature, and use it to connect to other devices nearby.
If you use this, you will be using the data that is available on your phone. Be careful that you don’t go over your data allowance, or it won’t be free.
12) Government Programs for Internet Service
In addition to emergency response programs offered by ISPs, there are government programs for low-income families that can make internet access more affordable.
Non-Government Programs That Assist With Internet Access
Government programs aren’t the only way for low-income people to get assistance. Many programs by non-profits and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) can help you find free or reduced-cost internet.
Human-IT was founded with the goal of reducing e-waste by repairing reusable technology and connecting these repurposed devices to people who need them but lack access.
In addition to providing low-cost electronic devices, Human-IT provides free resources for finding low-cost internet for those who are not connected or might be paying too much.
How to Be Safe While Using Free Hotspots
Scams have become more and more prevalent than ever. With the rise in the level of ease the internet can provide us, thefts have become more and more common. So, it is necessary for us as consumers to stay safe from such methods that can put us in dangerous situations.
- Use free VPN services: VPN stands for virtual private network. Apps and websites like TunnelBear etc offer free VPN services using which you can change your location anywhere across the globe. This adds as an extra layer of protection while using a private network.
- Do not add sensitive information: Sensitive information here stands for your credit card information using which you pay your bills or shop online. We do-not recommend doing this because this can be the cause of your credit card theft and much more.
- Avoid data sharing: Unless you’re using an encrypted connection, avoid sharing data when using hotspots or public WiFi. Disable file sharing when you’re on a public network to prevent strangers from sending you malware or trying to access your files.
- Use secure websites only: We highly recommend that you always use websites that are safe and secured, specially when you are on a public wifi network. Safe and secure websites can be distinguished from unsecure ones if they have ‘https’ in their URL instead of ‘http’ only.
- Uncheck the option to connect automatically: If you’re in range of a free internet connection or hotspot that remembers your device, that could put you at risk. It’s a good idea to opt to have your device forget the network and reconnect manually each time you’re in range.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it Really Possible to Get Free Internet at Home?
Yes. There are quite a lot of ways in today’s world using which you can get access to free internet anywhere.
Is it Possible to Get Free Internet for the Rest of Your Life?
Internet in today’s time is an absolute necessity if you wish to stay connected with the whole world. If you are not willing to pay a single penny for the internet for the rest of your life, we recommend you use FreedomPop and NetZone for the same.
No other Internet Service Provider can guarantee free internet service even with the help of the government for the rest of your life.
Do ISPs offer free or Low-cost Internet?
Yes. Most of all internet service providers across the country provide extremely low-cost services to low-income families who cannot afford to pay for internet.
Are Students Eligible to Get Free Internet from ISPs?
As mentioned above in the article, some companies like Altice provide their services to students for free with a maximum speed of 100 Mbps for a period of 60 days. If you qualify for this plan, we recommend you go for it.
Free internet is a dream come true for most people. However, it is still quite far from reality. Companies are charging high prices for high-speed internet and this is not going to change soon unless the government interferes. So, it is always better for the audience to look for ways that can help them save money in the long term.